Milton Keynes Dons 1 Macclesfield Town 1

Paul Ince's former club Macclesfield Town held the league leaders to a frustrating 1-1 draw.

Sean O'Hanlon spared keeper Willy Gueret's blushes with a second-half equaliser after Michael Symes had given the visitors a shock lead.

It was MK Dons' first point in four games though and extends their lead at the summit to five points.

Ince's men were woeful in the first half and literally couldn't have got off to a worse start when minutes into the game Gueret's clearance was fluffed straight to Symes, who expertly half-volleyed into the empty net from 35 yards.

Although Aaron Wilbraham had a couple of chances minutes later, he headed over Mark Wright's cross and was tackled at the last minute when through one-on-one

The visitors continued to impress and on 21 minutes Gueret was forced into a good save at the near post with Danny Thomas' shot looking like it was just about to sneak in.

And in Dons' only other chance of the half Lloyd Dyer's diving header at the near post corner was just cleared off the line by Neil Ashton on the half-hour mark.

After ending the first period to a chorus of boos, Ince immediately changed things at the break, bringing on Jude Stirling and Jemal Johnson for Drissa Diallo and Wright.

It had an instant effect as five minutes in Dons scored their first goal in four games. Stirling hooked Dean Lewington's corner goalwards from the back post, it appeared to hit a Macclesfield hand but it didn't matter as it fell to O'Hanlon, who blasted home from six yards.

The Dons thought they had another on the hour mark when Kevin Gallen's shot hit Aaron Wilbraham when goalbound, he turned and sidefooted home, but the assistant referee quite rightly spotted the offside.

Minutes later they had another great chance but Gallen somehow blasted miles over from ten yards after Lloyd Dyer's superb low cross.

Dons continued to search for the winner, but as in previous games, things just weren't falling for them, with Lewington tackled just as he was about to pull the trigger in front of goal and crosses just flashing wide of the post.

In the final minutes substitute Colin Cameron had a shot well saved from ten yards and then Danny Swailes just headed wide as the Dons slump continued.