Milton Keynes Dons 5 Accrington Stanley 0

Last updated : 09 December 2007 By Footymad Previewer
MK Dons recorded their biggest win of the season after hammering Accrington Stanley.

Goals in the first half from captain Keith Andrews, Alan Navarro and Colin Cameron, plus a second-half brace from Lloyd Dyer gave them an embarrassingly easy win.

Stanley, who had only lost once on their travels beforehand, couldn't get close to Dons' slick, free-flowing football.

Paul Ince changed the system, playing Andrews, Alan Navarro and Cameron in a midfield three, with Mark Wright and Dyer as wide frontmen and it clearly worked.

The first half was embarrassing at times for the visitors as they chased shadows.

Right from the off Dons looked dangerous and Andrews nearly gave them a dream start on just three minutes but keeper Ian Dunbavin tipped over his 15-yard strike.

The skipper didn't have to wait long for another chance though and this time he finished emphatically on just nine minutes.

Danny Swailes rose highest at the back post and the ball fell nicely to Andrews, who smashed into the roof of the net with his left foot from eight yards.

The Dons were playing free-flowing passing football that Stanley just couldn't handle and Wright almost doubled the lead on 15 minutes when he met Dean Lewington's cross, but his searing volley just went wide.

They continued to carve them open at will and doubled their lead on 25 minutes.

A superb move down the left found Dyer in the box and his shot was saved by the keeper.

However, the Accrington defence got in each other's way and Wright simply squared to Navarro who tapped into the empty net for his first goal for the club.

The next came on 33 minutes when Lewington cut inside down the left and squared for Andrews who helped it on for Cameron who blasted into the far corner from 20 yards.

The embarrassment continued after the break as Dons came out for the second half hungry for more.

They got that on just 49 minutes when Andrews' cut back found Dyer in the penalty area and he smashed home via the bar with his right foot.

To be fair to the visitors they then kept the Dons attack quiet, but made no impact at all on the home goal.

Kevin Gallen almost added a fifth with 20 minutes to go, but his effort from the edge of the box was just tipped wide.

The fifth did come soon after as Dyer picked up the ball on the edge of the box after a Wright run and curled home on 77 minutes.