Milton Keynes Dons 4 Lincoln City 0

MK Dons moved four points clear at the top of the League Two table with a club record eighth win in a row after hammering hapless Lincoln City.

Leon Knight grabbed a brace, with goals in each half, while Lloyd Dyer and Aaron Wilbraham also got on the scoresheet in the second half in front of a record crowd at stadium:mk and the Sky cameras.

The Dons dominated the first half, playing some neat football that Lincoln failed to cope with.

They carved out their first chance after just seven minutes when Alan Navarro headed Dyer's precise cross narrowly wide.

Knight should have put his team ahead on 23 minutes when Keith Andrews picked out the striker with a superb throughball, but he could only blast his shot straight at keeper Alan Marriott.

Just moments later, Dyer raced on to Dean Lewington's defence-splitting pass, showing great pace to beat Ryan Amoo to the ball, and then fizzed a shot across the goal which just missed the post and the outstretched boot of Wilbraham.

Wilbraham then had another great chance when the ball fell to him on the edge of the box, but his volley flew just over.

Then from nowhere Mark Stallard had a glorious chance to give the Red Imps an undeserved lead on 41 minutes. He pounced on a Sean O'Hanlon mistake to go one on one with Willy Gueret, but over-ran the ball and the brave keeper smothered the ball well.

Lincoln were made to pay for that miss as the Dons took the lead on the stroke of half-time when Knight got on the end of another superb Andrews long ball, cut inside his man and blasted a shot emphatically into the top corner.

The Dons came out sluggishly after the break, with Lincoln finally putting them under some pressure, but they couldn't find a way behind their solid defence.

In the 70th minute the Dons doubled their lead when, after a swift counter-attack, Navarro slid a ball in to Dyer who finished well from 12 yards.

The Dons then ended any flicker of a Lincoln comeback when Wilbraham finished well after Mark Wright's cross on 78 minutes.

When Knight completed his brace on 82 minutes with a cool finish past Marriott, it was party time for the Dons fans.